[c-nsp] VTP issues 3560 to 2950

Scott Brown sbrown at ci.sandy.or.us
Thu Nov 30 19:42:38 EST 2006

Hello all! I had VTP working, but now it stopped and nothing changed.  Below
are part of my configs - the first one is my 3560 and the second one is my
2950. I really don't know what details are needed to troubleshoot this, so
if any information is lacking let me know.

The VTP server is off of Gi0/1 on the 3560 listed below.

CISCO 3560

interface FastEthernet0/6

 switchport trunk encapsulation dot1q

 switchport mode trunk

!

show vtp stat

VTP Version                     : 2

Configuration Revision          : 41

Maximum VLANs supported locally : 1005

Number of existing VLANs        : 23

VTP Operating Mode              : Client

VTP Domain Name                 : sandynet

VTP Pruning Mode                : Disabled

VTP V2 Mode                     : Enabled

VTP Traps Generation            : Disabled

show vtp count

VTP statistics:

Summary advertisements received    : 67

Subset advertisements received     : 10

Request advertisements received    : 1

Summary advertisements transmitted : 201

Subset advertisements transmitted  : 29

Request advertisements transmitted : 2

Number of config revision errors   : 0

Number of config digest errors     : 0

Number of V1 summary errors        : 0

show int trunk

Port        Mode         Encapsulation  Status        Native vlan

Fa0/2       on           802.1q         trunking      1

Fa0/6       on           802.1q         trunking      1 (This is the trunk
port to the 2950)

Fa0/10      on           802.1q         trunking      1

Gi0/1       on           802.1q         trunking      1

-----

CISCO 2950

interface FastEthernet0/1

 switchport mode trunk

!

show vtp stat

VTP Version                     : 2

Configuration Revision          : 0

Maximum VLANs supported locally : 128

Number of existing VLANs        : 7

VTP Operating Mode              : Client

VTP Domain Name                 : sandynet

VTP Pruning Mode                : Disabled

VTP V2 Mode                     : Enabled

VTP Traps Generation            : Disabled

show vtp count

VTP statistics:

Summary advertisements received    : 0

Subset advertisements received     : 0

Request advertisements received    : 0

Summary advertisements transmitted : 0

Subset advertisements transmitted  : 0

Request advertisements transmitted : 0

Number of config revision errors   : 0

Number of config digest errors     : 0

Number of V1 summary errors        : 0

show int trunk

Port        Mode         Encapsulation  Status        Native vlan

Fa0/1       on           802.1q         trunking      1

Scott Brown
Network Engineer
City of Sandy / SandyNet
39250 Pioneer Blvd. Sandy, OR. 97055