[c-nsp] Memory leak in 124-7a?

Garry gkg at gmx.de
Sun Oct 8 05:35:00 EDT 2006

We are currently evaluating using a FW IOS as central MPLS gateway.
Anyway, while the system itself seems to run quite nicely (better than
the crappy Lucent Brick system), after about 2-3 months of uptime, I
could not logg in anymore, even console access was down due to too
little free memory. After shutting down the ethernet port on the switch,
I was again able to logg in and reboot the system.

At the moment, we are running on a 7204VXR w/ 256MB of memory, the box
is carrying several VRFs, a couple OSPF links to neighboring routers, as
well as another hand full of BGP sessions (vpnv4). There is hardly any
traffic on the system.

After the reboot about 1.5 days ago, free memory has gone from 99MB down
to now 88MB, with a constant, linear drop of about 6MB per day ...

Current IOS image is c7200-jk9o3s-mz.124-7a ...

Any ideas?

Tnx!