[c-nsp] X25 translation and the Lucent FT2000

Joe Freeman joe at netbyjoe.com
Thu Oct 12 11:16:21 EDT 2006

I'm in the process of centralizing management of all our FT2000's deployed
in the field. Most, if not all, of these units will only run TL/1 on the X25
interface, so I'm connecting them to an NM-8A/S port with a CAB-232FC DCE
cable.

I've done X25 and XoT many times in the past, but this is the first time
I've actually tried to use the IP to X25 translation.

The central management server (INC) doesn't run X25; it expects to see a tcp
session for the TL/1 stream, so all the X25 stuff needs to be handled at the
router. (2621XM running 12.2-37 enterprise, GD release)

If anyone has any tips, or sample configs for this, I'd appreciate it.