[c-nsp] 3845 & NM-WLC config questions

Yuri Lukin lists at swaggi.com
Sat Oct 21 12:14:25 EDT 2006

matthew zeier wrote ..

> How to my wired users in the same subnet/Vlan talk to my wireless users?
>   Do I have to use IRB then?

Yes, you'll need to use IRB and bridge-groups. Here's an excerpt from
the example I linked to earlier:

In order to collapse wired VLAN 15 and wireless WLAN 15 together, configure interface VLAN 15 and interface w1/0.15 under a common bridge group, for example, bridge-group 15. Similarly, in order to collapse wired VLAN 16 and wireless WLAN 16, configure interface VLAN 16 and interface w1/0.16 under a common bridge group, for example, bridge-group 16. With this configuration, corresponding wired and wireless VLANs belong to the same IP subnets 192.168.15.0/24 and 192.168.16.0/24 and can talk to each other within the bridge group. But in order for the clients in two different bridge groups to communicate to each other, enable Integrated Routing and Bridging (IRB) on the router so that they communicate via the BVI interfaces in the respective bridge groups.