[c-nsp] Same IP on two interfaces?

Vincent De Keyzer vincent at dekeyzer.net
Fri Oct 27 10:07:40 EDT 2006

Thanks for all the replies.

To summarize:
* my goal is to redundantly connect the router (to other routers behind the
switch network) while using the least amount of IP addresses
* backup interface looks like an option
* HSRP/GLBP might be an option, but uses a lot of IP addresses
* Etherchannel and unnumbered Ethernet do no look like options
* VRF are not an option, as we are not running MPLS
* BVI would be an option, but the switches do not run spanning tree (these
are Foundry switches running MRP)

Thanks again,

Vincent