[c-nsp] Anyone else get spammed by "ISPTrader" today?

Robert E. Seastrom rs at seastrom.com
Fri Oct 27 14:25:25 EDT 2006

Jon Lewis <jlewis at lewis.org> writes:

> On Fri, 27 Oct 2006, Robert E. Seastrom wrote:
>
>> Just got mail from "ISPTrader" <ISPTrader at mail.vresp.com>.
>>
>> They seem pretty clueless, wondering if they're harvesting mail from
>> one of the usual mailing lists.
>
> No, but I got spam from IronPort Systems <IronPort_Systems at mail.vresp.com>
> yesterday to my work address which is not widely used.

I gave them an irate phone call and it turns out that they posted an
inquiry about a PA-2T3 I had listed on eBay some time back.  Obviously
this does not constitute a reason to spam me, and to their credit they
were apologetic, but they probably don't "get it" about cleanliness of
source material for their email lists.  You can probably expect to get
spammed if you buy goods from ISPTrader.  Caveat emptor.

                                        ---Rob