[c-nsp] VOIP Quality with Multilink PPP

Greene, Patrick PatrickGreene at spherion.com
Wed Sep 6 09:49:50 EDT 2006

Thanks for any insight you can offer.

I am about to deploy a large MPLS network and have a number of CE
locations receiving nxT1 with MLPP.  I am running the standard priority
queuing for voice and CBWFQ underneath that.  I have heard there can be
voice quality issues caused by physical disparities in the T1 circuits
themselves creating excessive out-of-order packets.  I spoke to TAC
about this and they acknowledge this being a potential issue.  All
circuits are new and I would expect nxT1 locations to terminate in the
same CO.  Is that expectation unreasonable or do I need to explicitly
request terminating both circuits in the same CO?

Thanks for your time.

Patrick