[c-nsp] WCCPv2 Cisco 7600

Mark Pace Balzan mpb at melitacable.com
Tue Sep 12 11:42:29 EDT 2006

> if netapp supported "L2 return" and policies for what to 'bypass'
(don't
> know if they did when netapp still had a cache product), then the
policy
> could have been entirely in the cache & the burden not put on the
> switch/router.

That I know of, in more recent releases of netcache (6.x), both L2
return and MASK are supported. So with C6500/C7600 and recent Netcache
OS, you should be able to get L2 forwarding, return and MASK assignemnt,
which means you should get high performance.  From what Lincoln
mentioned, there should not be any TCAM issues due to ACL changes etc...
If working with this setup. On the 7600