[c-nsp] Site to Site VPN with PIX 515E

Jason Lixfeld jason at lixfeld.ca
Wed Sep 13 00:07:08 EDT 2006

If ethernet0 - ethernet5 on PIX B are configured like so:

ethernet0 ip: 192.168.0.1/24
ethernet1 ip: 192.168.1.1/24
ethernet2 ip: 192.168.2.1/24
ethernet3 ip: 192.168.3.1/24
ethernet4 ip: 192.168.4.1/24
ethernet5 ip: 192.168.5.1/24

Site A will not be able to access any IPs configured locally on the
device.  Any IPs configured on devices hanging off any of the
interfaces themselves (assume .2 - .254, assuming a /24 network on
each interface) will be accessible from Site A.

That caveat only affects access to the device directly, not access
through the device, sorry if I wasn't clear.