[c-nsp] RIP breaks with CEF enabled

Adam Maloney adam at whee.org
Tue Sep 26 09:26:21 EDT 2006

Ran into a strange problem the other day on a 7206VXR running 12.2.  When
CEF is enabled, I stopped getting RIP updates.  As soon as I disabled CEF,
RIP started seeing the updates.

With CEF enabled, I turned on IP packet debugging (test environment with
no traffic), the only thing I saw was "CEF: Try to CEF switch x.x.x.255
from FastEthernet0/0"  Debugging ip rip events didn't show anything coming
in, just the RIP sends from that router.

I googled that and checked bugtool but didn't find anything useful.