[c-nsp] 877W and IPv6 over WLAN, not possible today?

Saku Ytti saku+cisco-nsp at ytti.fi
Tue Sep 26 11:03:14 EDT 2006

On (2006-09-26 10:48 -0400), Jared Mauch wrote:

> 	Now, not 100% similar, but a workaround for people who need
> to do odd bvi stuff.  Putting the ipv6 on an interface in the
> bridge group solved the problem for this coworker.  It may not
> work in your situation, but worth a shot.  Having some
> el-cheapo consumer electronics device instead of an "advaced router"
> type of device sometimes is a better solution for your wireless
> needs.

I guess thats not 877W? Since 877W does not have fa0/0, it has fa0-3,
which are really switchports (but take IPv4 address), and IP(v6) should be
configured in SVI.
877W  with 12.4(9)T at least does not accept any 'ipv6 ?' command under
any fa0-3.

Anyhow, if I can't get this to work, at least I know that kind of
of workaround will work on one of the bigger ISR boxes.

I should open TAC case tomorrow, just to be sure if this is supposed not
to work yet. And perhaps give it a shot with 12.4XYZZY images too.

Thanks for your trouble Jared,
--
  ++ytti