[c-nsp] BGP memory on a 6500

Rick Kunkel kunkel at w-link.net
Wed Sep 27 14:11:39 EDT 2006

Sakes alive, there's a snarl at every turn.  I appreciate every piece of
info though.

Is the TCAM used for BGP?  Things I've read seem to indicate they're used
for ACLs.  Obviously, I'm bound to use some ACLs for BGP, but are there
other elements that the TCAM would be used for that woudl be limiting to
BGP?

On another note, I've heard that the 7600 and 6500 are now almost
identical with the Sup720.  Is this true?

Thanks much!

Rick