[c-nsp] new 8-port 10 G bade

Saku Ytti saku+cisco-nsp at ytti.fi
Thu Sep 28 02:55:14 EDT 2006

On (2006-09-28 07:19 +0100), Ed Butler wrote:

> Looks like the 8-port 10G module uses X2 optics, there was me hoping
> Cisco would jump on the XFP bandwagon.

We've been informed that their enterprise customers demand LX4, hence
no XFP in 'switch' portfolio.

I'm going to cry blood in few years when I have tons of XENPAK and
X2's to sell and no one is buying :). (hey didn't that already
happen with GBIC, but that was so long ago in Internet time).

Anyhow for you all XFP fascist, I do hope SFP+ happens and you'll
share my fate of already buying optics that you know are going
to be hard to sell when not needed.

--
  ++ytti