[c-nsp] Cisco load balancers with SSL offload

Tomasz Baczynski bul at wp-sa.pl
Mon Apr 16 11:00:13 EDT 2007

> Hi,

> what are folks using for "HTTP load balancing" with SSL offload (SSL
> connection and all the crypto works is done on the load balancer, and
> the server machines only do HTTP) today, in Cisco land?

> We're currently using Foundry (don't ask), Citrix Netscaler (very nice
> boxes!), and Cisco/Arrowpoint CSS (no SSL, as far as I know, and somewhat
> aged platform...).

> Now we have a customer that's unhappy with Foundry, and doesn't want
> Netscalers - and is asking for "what Cisco products can you recommend?".

> I can't recommend CSSs, but I assume that there are more "recent"
> products available...

firstly, I don't have experience with SSL offload, and I can talk only
about load-balancing features.

IMHO,
old css (11800) is very useful platform for small config, that means, you
can handle ~1Gbps of traffic, but only with not to complicated config.

CSM, is very nice, it works great, until I try to failback
(failover works fine :-) ) in high traffic enviroment.

ACE - new product
I don't have experience with this module.