[c-nsp] How to monitor BGP sessions

chiel chiel at gmx.net
Tue Apr 17 11:20:08 EDT 2007

Hello,

I was wondering how you guys monitor your BGP sessions. Do you use snmp traps or do you poll the router with a snmp get (if thats posible)?
I ask this because I want don't want to get notified if one bgp goes down. But I would like to know if a important bgp session goes down/flapping.

So I would like to see something like this:
All bgp sessions: snmp-traps
Important bgp sessions: snmp-trap & snmp get

My questions is, what do you use for monitoring bgp? And is it posible to send a snmp get to a cisco device specifying only one bgp session to get the status for that? and what is the MIB for that?

thanks
chiel