[c-nsp] DSL ATM Config

Dallas Helquist dallas at oldbrownjeep.net
Mon Apr 30 01:01:31 EDT 2007

Ahmad Cheikh-Moussa wrote:
> Hi!
>
> I've got a WIC-1ADSL in a 2811 Router. I have a DSL Connect from
> Deutsche Telekom, I try to configure it, but the atm interface does not come
> up. Ist this config correct ?
<SNIP>

> When I plug in another external dsl modem, then I get a sync from
> the dsl modem, so the line works. Any ideas why the interface does not come
> up ?

If you get sync using a different brand of DSL router, you probably have
a DSL firmware issue.  No idea why the Cisco's are so bad with this.
Check out the firmware in this link, I think it is valid for the
WIC-1ADSL - the .doc files have install instructions.  I've used the
firmware several times to fix similar issues.

ftp://ftp-sj.cisco.com/pub/access/800/

-dallas