[c-nsp] Late night BGP puzzler

Mike Leber mleber at he.net
Thu Aug 2 02:44:22 EDT 2007

The situations where this is most often used are where you are already
quashing the meds provided by both peers with your own internal traffic
engineering values.

If you were going to do that, a related useful command is "bgp
deterministic-med".

On Thu, 2 Aug 2007, Gunjan GANDHI (BR/EPA) wrote:

> MED should not be used under this scenario as both the upstream routes
> are from different providers. Unless both providers have agreed upon a
> MED benchmark value, it is not wise to use MED for route selection. It
> is like comparing oranges with apples.
>
> Cheers
> //Gunjan

| Mike Leber         Wholesale IPv4 and IPv6 Transit       510 580 4100 |
| Hurricane Electric     Web Hosting  Colocation                 AS6939 |
| mleber at he.net                                           http://he.net |