[c-nsp] Multilink PPPoE with BellSouth/AT&T BBG.

Alex Balashov abalashov at evaristesys.com
Fri Aug 3 13:57:52 EDT 2007

Anyone have any ideas on how to go about doing multilink PPPoE with a
router with two ADSL WICs?  I'm sure this one has been beaten to death
before, but it just isn't working for me no matter what I do.

I have "ppp multilink" enabled on the Virtual-Template on the (Cisco)
access concentrator that terminates Bell's L2TP tunnels to us (which
come in on ATM DS3 handoff).  Of course, there are no identifiable
static PVCs associated with individual customers;  if there were this
might be easy, we can just nail up concrete interfaces and bind them to
particular PVCs.  But the whole premise of this type of aggregation is
that the handoff is actually IP-based (and just happens to run on ATM
core still), and you don't see that.

So, I'm left with simply trying to enable multilink on the CPE and hoping
it negotiates it with the access concentrator on our end.  But although I
can get individual Virtual-Templates (Virtual-Access interfaces) to come
up if I put in PPPoE authentication information specifically in connection
with them, or individual Dialers, no Multilink transition is happening.

Any insights?

Thanks a bunch!

--
Alex Balashov