[c-nsp] dCEF Problem

Jon Lewis jlewis at lewis.org
Sat Aug 4 00:44:34 EDT 2007

On Fri, 3 Aug 2007, Sridhar Ayengar wrote:

> My VIP2-50 has 32MB of DRAM and 4MB SRAM.  Does this need to be
> upgraded?  The RSP2 has 128MB DRAM and is running IOS 12.4(1a).

if-con into that vip with dCEF off, and do a show mem.  I bet with 12.4
IOS, 32mb is barely enough to boot up.

If you bought these things recently, you need to take them back to whoever
sold them to you, hit them over the head with the cards, and ask for your
lunch money back.  If these have been sitting around and just put in
service, you really need some upgrades.  RSP4 and vip2-50s with
128MB RAM should be dirt cheap.

Oh, and don't the cisco guys on-list keep telling us the 7500 is the wrong
platform for PPP over anything but T1 and similar circuits?