[c-nsp] HighQueueDropRate ?

Oliver Boehmer (oboehmer) oboehmer at cisco.com
Tue Aug 7 02:31:33 EDT 2007

Gregori Parker <> wrote on Monday, August 06, 2007 9:51 PM:

> I have CiscoWorks DFM complaining to me about HighQueueDropRate on the
> inside interface of one of my edge routers (7200)...the alert comes
> pretty infrequently (once a week or so), and I'm unable to find much
> information about what exactly it means.  Has anyone run into this
> alert or have some insight on this?

google brings up

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/net_mgmt/ciscoworks_device_fault_manager
/2.0_IDU_2.0.3/user/guide/Events.html

HighQueueDropRate

overflow exceeding the Queue drop threshold. The input (or output) queue
overflow is derived by dividing the number of packets designated to be
sent (or received) that were discarded due to queue overflow, by the
total number of packets in the queue.

Trigger: Exceeded Queue drop threshold.
Severity: Critical.
Device Type: All.
Event Code: 1012.

Take a look at "show int" of the corresponding interface via CLI and go
from there.. CCO's Output Interpreter can help you diagnose the issue..

	oli