[c-nsp] TE design guidance

Richard Harvey richard.harvey at uk.easynet.net
Tue Aug 7 04:51:37 EDT 2007

Not sure of the design goals here, but these might be some potentially
useful features.

If you need to influence the physical topology that TE considers when
building tunnels without changing IGP metrics, set "mpls traffic-eng
administrative-weight X" on the radio link.

Auto-tunnel mesh group simplifies building all required PE-PE tunnels.
If your loopbacks fall under some sensible addressing scheme, adding
PE's in future won't require you to go back and touch every other PE.

Possibly combine this with auto-tunnel backup, for FRR NNHOP protection
and you should be away. Again, no need for any explicit paths, as
protection will be provisioned automatically for each primary LSP. As
the network changes, the backup LSP's will build around the primaries.

Richard