[c-nsp] interface vlan input output rate

Eghoenisech Ghoenatorich igoen99 at yahoo.com
Tue Aug 7 04:55:13 EDT 2007

MPLS Network--PE---trunk/dot1q---Switch-vlanaccess--customer

We have interface vlan on PE router connecting to the customer network. The problem is traffic rate counter on interface vlan  different from traffic counter on  switch connected to the customer.
The input rate on Switch port facing customer more or less same as input rate on int vlan 18, but the output rate the different almost a half. My question is Where is output rate stated in interface vlan going to?
Please make me clear about the terminology of input and output rate on interface vlan.(since this logical interface)
Any advice appreciated.
Thanks
EG

Cat3550#sh int f0/6
FastEthernet0/6 is up, line protocol is up
  Hardware is Fast Ethernet, address is 0009.e81a.c486 (bia 0009.e81a.c486)

  30 second input rate 380000 bits/sec,618 packets/sec
  30 second output rate 563000 bits/sec, 806 packets/sec<<<<

PE#sh int vl 18
Vlan18 is up, line protocol is up

  30 second input rate 448000 bits/sec, 728 packets/sec
  30 second output rate 1138000 bits/sec, 1674 packets/sec<<<<
  L2 Switched: ucast: 0 pkt, 0 bytes - mcast: 0 pkt, 0 bytes