[c-nsp] Cisco FWSM vs Juniper NetScreen 5400

jason.plank at comcast.net jason.plank at comcast.net
Thu Aug 9 09:14:03 EDT 2007

Maybe there are different degrees of sucking, but juniper support is absolutely horrid.

As far as which vendor I would go with, it probably depends on $$$ and throughput demands. Junipers firewalls kick Cisco's ass in terms of throughput (Although I hear a newer products coming in the fall...). If the expectation is to run a routing protocol on the firewall, and you are stuck on EIGRP that's obviously an issue.

If you can afford the extra money for the juniper it's a nice product. If you grow your infrastructure - do yourself a favor and stay the f!ck away from NSM.

--
Regards,

Jason Plank
CCIE #16560