[c-nsp] HP/Cisco LLDP/CDP

Jeff Tantsura jeff.tantsura at sscplus.nl
Fri Aug 10 07:26:01 EDT 2007

Hi,

You have to tunnel STP/VTP/CDP because these protocols use well known MAC
addresses and when arrive to a switch must be processed by this switch.
If this is the case for LLDP then tunnelling must be used, if not, cisco
switch will then happily forward it without any processing, LLDP uses L2
multicast MAC address 01:80:c2:00:00:0e.

After some research I could see that in 12.2(37)SE LLDP is enabled by
default and Layer 2 protocol tunnelling for LLDP is not supported.
Looks like you are out of luck on this one.

Regards,
Jeff