[c-nsp] Mysterious 2924 reboots

ekagan at axsne.com ekagan at axsne.com
Sun Aug 12 14:54:17 EDT 2007

> 	Still happening... We had a power outage at the site,
> so everything
> was off for about 5 minutes. Then it came back on :
>
> c2924-1 uptime is 2 days, 14 hours, 48 minutes
> c2924-2 uptime is 18 hours, 40 minutes
>
> 	so still wondering why one unit took about 1 day and 20
> hours AFTER
> power was applied before it booted up. I did upgrade that one
> to the latest
> IOS I had, c2900xl-c3h2s-mz.120-5.WC8.bin . The c2924-1 is
> still running
> c2900XL-c3h2s-mz.120-5.WC2.bin .

Do you have an NMS or monitoring system tracking these devices ?  Are
the switches sending traps or data to a syslog server with all detail ?
Is there anything in the log data ?  Any crash info, etc ?  Does the NMS
report anything ?

Although you may interpret the above results as one switch booting 44
hours later than the other [which would be one hell of a delay and
mostly unimaginable], one could also think they were both originally up
and one has since rebooted...

Collecting the data and monitoring them live vs random show ver checks
should help with the reasons why and how

Eric