[c-nsp] 4507R Sup5-10GE reliability?

Darrell Root darrellroot at mac.com
Thu Aug 16 12:38:11 EDT 2007

My team has a large number of 4507R's with sup5's.  We've had very
few supervisor
failures on the sup5's and are happy.

My team has a small number of 4507R's with sup5-10GE's.  We've had 2
RMA's out
of a very small install base.

We're planning a significant order and need to decide between the
sup5's and the sup5-10GE's
(10GE for future proofing, current links would be gig-e).  We need to
know if our 2
RMA's (a high percentage, but not statistically significant) was an
anomaly or indicative of the sup5-10GE.

If anyone out there has a large install base of sup5-10GE's, I'd
appreciate if you let
me know if your supervisor failure rate is "abnormally large" or not.

Replies to me.  I will summarize.

Darrell Root
darrellroot at mac.com