[c-nsp] HP/Cisco Spanning Tree

Conaway, Aaron aaron.conaway at morris.com
Thu Aug 16 15:46:51 EDT 2007

Roy:

We just turned up an HP GbE2c switch for a blade chassis on a Cisco-only
LAN and saw the same thing.  The fall from glory was the fact that Cisco
does PVST and that the HP uses a single instance of STP for all VLANs.
The solution for us was to turn up a mess of STP groups on the HP -- one
for each VLAN.  That fixed it right up.

-----
Aaron Conaway