[c-nsp] the result "show int counters errors"

Monty Ree chulmin2 at hotmail.com
Fri Aug 17 10:42:42 EDT 2007

Hello, list.

I have some questions about the result of "show int  counters errors".

my 6509 is WS-SUP720-3B and WS-X6724-SFP(+WS-F6700-DFC3B)
and port-channeling with another 6509.

the traffic is about 700Mbps per port and there is no problem and no logs.
But when I execute like below, I can see lots of  OutDiscards counters.
and the counters are increasing slowly.

according to this
site(http://www.cisco.com/warp/public/473/53.shtml#Out-Discard)
it means buffer size related problem, rihgt?
But pps would not be problem because DFC card is together with
WS-X6724-SFP, then bps?
But the traffic is just 700M bps...

What's the problem and how can I solve this problem?

sup720>show int  counters errors

Port        Align-Err    FCS-Err   Xmit-Err    Rcv-Err UnderSize
OutDiscards
Gi3/1               0          0          0          0         0
12376
Gi3/2               0          0          0          0         0
12377
Gi3/3               0          0          0          0         0
4443
Gi3/4               0          0          0          0         0
12334
Gi3/5               0          0          0          0         0
4491
Gi3/6               0          0          0          0         0
2023

Thsnks for your help in advance.