[c-nsp] PA-FE-TX vs PA-FE-TX/ISL

Bernd Ueberbacher noc at mynet.at
Sat Aug 18 14:09:07 EDT 2007

Hi again!

I'm still learning for my CCNA (to calm my examination nerves *G*) and
currently fooling around with a 7206 nonVXR router. It has a NPE-200 and
one PA-FE-TX/ISL. I'd like to get a second interface and had a look on
eBay, but I'm a bit confused (again). There are PA-FE-TX modules which
are much more expensive than those $80,- PA-FE-TX/ISL, but what exactly
is the difference. They are EoL, so I can't find much information. Does
the name indicate that they just support ISL but no dot1q or is there
something else?

Thanks as always ;-)
Bernd