[c-nsp] automatically enable debugs after a reload

Oliver Boehmer (oboehmer) oboehmer at cisco.com
Tue Aug 21 01:25:25 EDT 2007

Tassos Chatzithomaoglou <> wrote on Monday, August 20, 2007 6:54 PM:

> I'm trying to troubleshoot an issue which appears just after a reload
> and i need to have some debugs enabled as soon as the router boots up.
>
> Is there a way i can enable some debugs before a reload and keep them
> active after the reload?
>
> PS: I tried the EEM functionality (event syslog "%SYS-5-RESTART",
> action cli "debug") which works fine, but i was hoping for something
> easier and maybe safer (am i really catching the data starting from
> the best possible moment?)

There is no "formal" way to enable debugs right after reload, but next
to the EEM solution, you could add the below lines to your
startup-config (via "copy <remote-location> startup-config") to achieve
the same, but we can't be sure that this will necessarily catch all
debugs right from the start.

[...]
! enable Radius accounting right after startup config is parsed
privilege exec level 1 debug radius
!
do debug radius
!
[...]

Guess it really depends on what you need to do.. Which problem are you
trying to solve?

	oli