[c-nsp] QoS - questions

Tim Franklin tim at pelican.org
Tue Aug 21 06:26:28 EDT 2007

On Tue, August 21, 2007 10:36 am, Jeff Tantsura wrote:

> class LLQ
>  priority "bandwidth"
> policer would kick in only in case of congestion
> while in
> class LLQ
>  priority
>  police "bandwidth"
> policer would drop any traffic above the bandwidth specified.

I'd go further than that - the behaviour I've seen to date, and would
expect, is that in the first case even with congestion there is no
policer.  Rather the LLQ gets a proportionate share of any 'free'
bandwidth above assigned minimum, just like any of the other CBWFQ queues.

I've definitely pushed more than 'priority bandwidth' worth of priority
traffic through a congested link before now.

> Thanks in advance for clarification.

Seconded, I'd like to know how this is *supposed* to work.

Regards,
Tim.