[c-nsp] automatically enable debugs after a reload

Masood Ahmad Shah masood at nexlinx.net.pk
Wed Aug 22 06:18:44 EDT 2007

For example, to enable debugging of incoming SSH connections, use the
following EEM applet:

event manager applet EnableDebugging
event syslog occurs 1 pattern "%SYS-5-RESTART"
action 1.0 cli command "enable"
action 2.0 cli command "debug ip ssh"

For versions of IOS that don't support EEM but do support the config command
'do', you could modify the config off of the router and add a 'do debug...'
command to the end then copy the config back directly into the
startup-config. It's messy I know, but it does work.

Regards,
Masood Ahmad Shah
Nexlinx
BLOG: http://www.weblogs.com.pk/jahil/