[c-nsp] E1 controller - clock problems with 'line' fine with 'internal'

Masood Ahmad Shah masood at nexlinx.net.pk
Wed Aug 22 20:15:06 EDT 2007

Circuits from the SAME carrier can generally share a clock because the
carrier will generally have a single "clock source" for all their circuits.
If you have 3 E1 from the same carrier, on one of the E1's you would
configure "clock source primary" and the rest could be "clock source
internal", because the internal clock would be synced to the "primary" line.
You can also configure each interface as "clock source line" which is the
default. All E1's need a clock source, either your end or their end, and if
this is a carrier circuit, than they provide the clock and you need either
"clock source line" or "clock source primary" on one E1, and "clock source
internal" on the others.

Regards,
Masood Ahmad Shah
Nexlinx