[c-nsp] Force initiate DSL connect

Oliver Boehmer (oboehmer) oboehmer at cisco.com
Thu Aug 23 01:59:32 EDT 2007

Brett Looney <> wrote on Thursday, August 23, 2007 1:57 AM:

>>> Can anyone please tell me how to initiate a DSL connection (forcing
>>> to authenticate) on an 877, and is it any different on an 837, etc.
>>> It seems to wait some sort of random period before retries.
>>
>> Its just a "normal" dialer session. Fiddle with the dialer config
>> to set the dial conditions and retry.
>
> And add something that will force a dial like NTP...
>
> If you're doing things manually, try "clear int dialerx".

well, by default, " pppoe-client dial-pool-number 1" will bring up the
pppoe connection without interesting traffic. But there is a 20 second
retry timer once the connection drops, which can be modified using the
"pppoe-client dialer-pool-number <pool> restart <restart timeout>" in
recent 12.4 images (requires the fix for  CSCeg79536).

	oli