[c-nsp] QoS problem with VoIP (kind of fun)

Oliver Boehmer (oboehmer) oboehmer at cisco.com
Tue Aug 28 02:03:05 EDT 2007

Networkers <mailto:cisco at peakpeak.com> wrote on Tuesday, August 28, 2007
12:02 AM:

> On 8/27/07 1:33 AM, "Oliver Boehmer (oboehmer)" <oboehmer at cisco.com>
> wrote:
>
>> Networkers <> wrote on Monday, August 27, 2007 2:02 AM:
>>
>>> OK I've been looking at this all day. I got it half working.
>>
>> your config looks "interesting", interface multilink shouldn't be
>> used in your environment, this is not a leased-line. QoS, IP and NAT
>> should be enabled on the virtual-template, which will take affect on
>> the resulting virtual-access interface.
>
> Thanks Oliver, so without Multilink, how will two loadbalanced
> interfaces share an IP address?

Through the virtual-template. But I did overlook that you actually have
two PPPoA links which you need to bundle together (I initially thought
that you only used MLP to do LFI). In that case,
http://www.cisco.com/univercd/cc/td/doc/product/software/ios122/122newft
/122t/122t13/ftatmmlt.htm seems to apply, which involves a multilink
interface, but I think it might also work without one, but then you need
to configure the vtemplate as ip unnumbered. I'm not sure, and can't try
this out. Sorry I missed this.

>> What is your bandwidth on this link? LFI might not be required if the
>> upstream speed is above ~600kbps..
>
> These are dual 1.5 Meg lines.

then you don't need LFI.

	oli