[c-nsp] ACS and passive FTP

Tim Franklin tim at pelican.org
Wed Aug 29 11:23:06 EDT 2007

Hi all,

Does anyone know what FTP mode the ACS appliance (running 4.1.1.23p5) uses
for RDBMS sync to CSV files and for system backup?

I'm having trouble transferring files through our firewall - packet dump
shows the control connection OK, and attempts to establish the data
connection, but the SYNs are dropped by the firewall.  Our firewall guru
has suggested it's down to the ACS trying to use extended passive (EPSV),
which the firewall can't decode to open the data port.

Can anyone confirm if the ACS uses active, passive or extended passive,
and whether there's any way to change it?

Thanks,
Tim.