[c-nsp] BGP hardware requirements

Mark Tinka mtinka at globaltransit.net
Thu Aug 30 07:01:56 EDT 2007

On Thursday 30 August 2007 17:51, Dracul wrote:

> 1. My 2851 is already ok for 2x 2MB link BGP

Right.

> 2. I need to upgrade my 256MB memory to 512 MB

I would say take the full 1GB. It's always best to max. out
the memory on the routers so you have one less problem to
worry about, especially if the price differential between 50%
and 100% capacity is minimal.

> 3. I need to replace my IOS to support a higher feature of
> BGP possibly this:
> ADVANCED ENTERPRISE
> SERVICESc2800nm-adventerprisek9-mz.124-16.bin<http://tools.
>cisco.com/ITDIT/CFN/Dispatch?act=feature&imageid=840591&plat
>formFamily=268&featureSet=6&featureSelected=93,74,89,102&ava
>ilSoftwares=IOS>

Right, would be best.

> are my assumptions correct? By the way there would be no
> issues if the links are transported through v.35
> or fastethernet from the ISPs right?

Nope; as long as there are no link errors and the links are
up :-).

Cheers,

Mark.