[c-nsp] DDOS, router acted "oddly".

Oliver Boehmer (oboehmer) oboehmer at cisco.com
Thu Aug 30 10:37:21 EDT 2007

Drew,

a possible cause could be buffer shortage on the linecard. Unless you
limit the queue length on the GSR interfaces, the linecard could
allocate all available buffers (and there are plenty) when one of the
links becomes congested, which could have happened if one of the GE
links needed to push more than a gig worth of traffic. If this happens,
traffic across other, non-congested ports on the LC could be affected.
A simple policy-map with "random-detect" in the class class-default will
help here.

	oli