[c-nsp] Cisco IP SLA - DHCP and VRFs

Peter Hicks peter.hicks at poggs.co.uk
Thu Aug 30 11:34:44 EDT 2007

Hello

I'm attempting to use IP SLA on an 877W with IOS 12.4(11)XJ3 to run DHCP
requests from a specific VRF.  I'm setting rttMonEchoAdminVrfName to the
correct VRF, but when performing a set operation, I get NOSUCHINSTANCE
returned.

More detail:

I can ping successfully from the same VRF when set-ting as follows:

   rttMonCtrlAdminStatus            4
   rttMonCtrlAdminRttType           1
   rttMonEchoAdminProtocol          1
   rttMonEchoAdminTargetAddress     <ip-address>
   rttMonEchoAdminVrfName           <vrf-name>
   rttMonScheduleAdminRttStartTime  1
   rttMonScheduleAdminRttTime       1

However, replacing rttMonCtrlAdminRttType with 11 (dhcp) and
rttMonCtrlEchoAdminProtocol to 29 (dhcpAppl) doesn't appear to be valid.

I'm stumped - can anyone else point me in the right direction?

Best wishes,

Peter