[c-nsp] Debugging LFI fragmentation

Leonardo Souza nomeiodabalada at yahoo.com.br
Fri Aug 31 10:58:56 EDT 2007

Comments inline...

"Oliver Boehmer (oboehmer)" <oboehmer at cisco.com> escreveu:    Leonardo Souza <> wrote on Thursday, August 30, 2007 8:53 PM:

> Correct.
> I sent ping packets with 1500 bytes .
> My problem is that on the other side, I see no debug output for MLP
> (events, fragments etc...). By the way, it´s a C10K.
> It seems a bug. I dont know...

As the 10k processes the traffic in hardware, I don't think you can see them using these debug commands.

  Does It happen only for MLP?
  So I can suppose if I issue a "debug ip packet" I won't see anything as well.

You could monitor the packet counters on the interfaces involved, i.e. if you send 1000 packets, you should see a 1000 packets on the bundle master, and 1000 packets on each of the bundle members (i.e. 2000 total on the bundle members). This would show you that fragmentation is working. Which PRE are you using? I think the PRE1 doesn't support MLP fragmentation (at least it didn't when I worked with this platform a few years ago).

  I am using a PRE2.

oli

  Thanks for the useful informations.

       Flickr agora em português. Você clica, todo mundo vê. Saiba mais.