[c-nsp] FWSM blocking multicast traffic between two hosts in same Vlan?

Joann Deng liblight at yahoo.com
Fri Aug 31 17:22:08 EDT 2007

Hi,

We have hosts in the same Vlan, which connects to FWSM
(routed mode). These two hosts run WebLogic, which
uses multicast address 237.155.155.2 to communicate.
But somehow, when run "ping 237.155.155.2" on one
host, cannot see response back from the other.
So, is it possible that FWSM is doing something fancy,
like blocking multicast traffic, and we need to add
some configs?
Any input is highly appreciated.

Thanks,

Joann