[c-nsp] 837 strangeness

Jon Lewis jlewis at lewis.org
Tue Dec 18 23:48:56 EST 2007

On Tue, 18 Dec 2007, David Prall wrote:

> Jon,
> The 800 Series requires that DSL Firmware be upgraded, where as all others
> have it stuck in the IOS image. I've never directly dealt with this myself.
>
> http://www.cisco.com/pcgi-bin/tablebuild.pl/800

According to the docs for the firmwares there, none of them lists the 837
as a supported platform.  Still, I downloaded and tried the latest
(adsl_alc_firmware.4-10-9.bin) and though the router says it's using that
firmware, the blinkenlights behavior is unchanged.  I haven't brought it
home yet to plug it into an actual DSL line with the new firmware, but
unless DSL TXD/RXD strobing is normal for the 837, I suspect it's still
screwed.