[c-nsp] RSP redundancy with SSO?

neal rauhauser nrauhauser at gmail.com
Tue Dec 18 23:58:59 EST 2007

 Can anyone comment on RSP redundancy with SSO mode?

 I have a test 7507 with rsp-k4pv-mz.120-32.S8.bin on both RSP2s. I've done
this:

service single-slot-reload-enable

redundancy
 no keepalive-enable
 mode sso

  And it doesn't seem to ever sync the slave

ranttest#show red
Redundant System Information :
------------------------------
       Available system uptime = 14 minutes, 49 seconds
Switchovers system experienced = 0
              Standby failures = 0
        Last switchover reason = none

                 Hardware Mode = Duplex
    Configured Redundancy Mode = sso
     Operating Redundancy Mode = hsa
              Maintenance Mode = Disabled
                Communications = Down      Reason: Simplex mode

Current Processor Information :
-------------------------------
               Active Location = slot 2
        Current Software state = ACTIVE
       Uptime in current state = 13 minutes, 24 seconds
                 Image Version = Cisco Internetwork Operating System
Software
IOS (tm) RSP Software (RSP-K4PV-M), Version 12.0(32)S8, RELEASE SOFTWARE
(fc1)
Technical Support: http://www.cisco.com/techsupport
Compiled Mon 20-Aug-07 16:34 by leccese
                          BOOT =
                   CONFIG_FILE =
                       BOOTLDR =
        Configuration register = 0x2102

Peer (slot: 3) information is not available because it is in 'DISABLED'
state

ranttest#redundancy force-switchover
Cannot perform switchover until the standby is fully initialized.

   The box is up, its got two OSPF adjacencies, maybe a hundred routes - its
not doing anything fancy, so I'm kind of stuck here. The production target
is 7507s /w RSP4s, the same OSPF, and about 180k routes via BGP. Any idea
what might be wrong here?