[c-nsp] TE config help

mb2 at os.datafx.com.au mb2 at os.datafx.com.au
Sun Feb 11 22:17:54 EST 2007

Hi,

We currently have dual links between our core routers (7206VXRs) -
Primary being ATM, and secondary being Ethernet - At present, Ethernet
is only used if ATM fails(This is achieved via OSPF)....we presently
only have mpls enabled on the ATM links.

We are wanting to make more efficient use of the backup ethernet
links(As they are expensive)....hoping that TE is the correct(best
practice) option.

Our current bandwidth is as follows:

ATM - 8Mb Ethernet - 4Mb

Our goal is to (hopefully) have a total of 12Mb bandwidth available for
use(i.e. Load-share over both the ATM+Ethernet links)......Is FRR
necessary in what we are wanting to achieve?

Proposed config for one of the Core routers...

mpls traffic-eng tunnels no mpls traffic-eng auto-bw timers frequency 0
tag-switching tdp router-id Loopback0

router ospf 100 mpls traffic-eng router-id Loopback0 mpls traffic-eng area 0

interface FastEthernet2/0 description Point-to-Point Link SYD bandwidth
4000 ip address xxx.xxx.xxx.197 255.255.255.252 ip ospf
message-digest-key 10 md5 blah

### Would this still be required? ip ospf cost 100

tag-switching ip tag-switching mtu 1520 service-policy output
TRUNK-TO-SYD mpls traffic-eng tunnels

### Not too sure about this? ip rsvp bandwidth ? ?

interface ATM1/0.100 point-to-point description TRUNK LINK TO SYD
bandwidth 8000 ip address xxx.xxx.yyy.2 255.255.255.252 ip ospf
message-digest-key 10 md5 blah tag-switching ip service-policy output
TRUNK-TO-SYD mpls traffic-eng tunnels

### Not too sure about this? ip rsvp bandwidth ? ?

interface Tunnel2 description primary tunnel2 ERT01-BNE->ERT01-SYD ip
unnumbered Loopback0 no ip directed-broadcast tag-switching ip tunnel
destination xxx.xxx.yyy.248 tunnel mode mpls traffic-eng tunnel mpls
traffic-eng autoroute announce tunnel mpls traffic-eng priority 7 7

### Not too sure about this? tunnel mpls traffic-eng bandwidth ?

tunnel mpls traffic-eng path-option 5 dynamic

Appreciate all assistance.