[c-nsp] 12.2SR PB on CCO for 65xx and 76xx split

Jon Lewis jlewis at lewis.org
Wed Feb 21 12:50:40 EST 2007

On Wed, 21 Feb 2007, Rodney Dunn wrote:

> http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/hw/routers/ps368/prod_bulletin0900aecd805df25d.html

Lame.  There seems to be an implied admission that 12.2SX and 12.2SR are
both totally capable of ignoring the label on the chassis, but 12.2SR will
cease doing that except for special cases (I suppose where a customer
convinces cisco that they will in fact buy new chassis, but not all at
once).

Is it at least safe to assume that if we're satisfied with the current L3
feature-set in 12.2SXn (i.e. routing protocols, MPLS, netflow, etc.) that
cisco's not going to pull the rug out from under us and say "oh, you
wanted a router, go buy a 7600 chassis)?

> This thread will self destruct after 5 responses. :)

Will it?