[c-nsp] QoS question

Collins, Richard (SNL US) rich.collins at siemens.com
Wed Feb 21 13:35:43 EST 2007

Hi,

I would be just curious on a few further details.
I have seen the option to use under class-map
match ip rtp 16384 16383

I interpret this to mean to match the even port numbers used by rtp but
you are missing control messages (rtcp) - therefore only matching
payload.
Is there some other reason to prefer the match command (match protocol
rtp audio)?
If you don't have nbar how do you match the rtcp - udp port range?

Thanks
Richard

>Date: Tue, 20 Feb 2007 20:50:08 -0600
>From: "Nick Griffin" <nick.jon.griffin at gmail.com>
>Subject: Re: [c-nsp] QoS question
>To: "Joseph Jackson" <JJackson at aninetworks.com>
>
>Joseph, when congestion is not occuring, bandwidth allocated to the
priority
>queue will be available for use by other traffic. Be sure your nbar
matching
>actually does match the particular audio and video you wish to match.
I'm