[c-nsp] 12.2SR PB on CCO for 65xx and 76xx split

Saku Ytti saku+cisco-nsp at ytti.fi
Thu Feb 22 03:04:38 EST 2007

On (2007-02-21 21:26 +0100), Asbjorn Hojmark - Lists wrote:

> > 1) will 6708 support come in SR?
> "No plans"
> > 2) will upcoming RSP720 be supported in SX?
> "No"
> > 3) what about rumored SUP720-10G?
> "6500 only"

This looks like Cisco has plan to make 7600 in the long run
coarse, expensive, smart, fast control-plane, slow
fabric. And 6500 dense, cheap, stupid, slow control-plane,
fast fabric.

If I'm not mistaken 7600+ES20's is more expensive
that MX960. And there is plenty of competition
in the latter product range too.
But I do have to admire Ciscos confidence that
they can pull this off.

But I guess the situation is a live one, depending
on how market receives it.

--
  ++ytti