[c-nsp] User Based Rate Limiting in PFC3BXL + Netflow Data Export

Tim Stevenson tstevens at cisco.com
Fri Jan 5 11:43:08 EST 2007

At 04:46 PM 1/5/2007 +0100, Gert Doering opined:
>Hi,
>
>On Thu, Jan 04, 2007 at 02:07:46PM -0800, Tim Stevenson wrote:
> > Yes, it is possible. 33SXH delivers per-interface NF creation; you
>
>Cool.
>
>Now, is 33SXH a "Enterprise" or "Service Provider" feature set?

6500 is primarily enterprise focused. That includes enterprise WAN
edge and virtualization technologies. WAN interface support & MPLS
features will contintue to be supported & extended. But it won't be a
wholesale deal, we'll take what makes sense for this particular
market. Regardless of which platform you use, make it known to your
account teams what your absolute requirements are (somehow I'm
guessing you've already done that ;) because frankly it's largely
field pressure that drives feature development on these platforms.

>    What
>sort of hardware will stop working with it?

Last I heard this was up in the air, so I don't have an answer for
you at the moment. The PMs are supposedly working on a positioning &
migration paper/document that should discuss all of this, but I have
not seen it yet.

Tim

Tim Stevenson, tstevens at cisco.com
Routing & Switching CCIE #5561
Technical Marketing Engineer, Catalyst 6500
Cisco Systems, http://www.cisco.com
IP Phone: 408-526-6759