[c-nsp] SFPs with DOM on 6500

gmb gmb256 at yahoo.com
Mon Jan 8 06:52:14 EST 2007

--- Saku Ytti <saku+cisco-nsp at ytti.fi> wrote:
> Ouch, anyone happen to know reason for this? I have
> hard time understanding
> how this could possibly be hardware issue, if the
> system can read vendor
> code, I can't see how it couldn't read DOM data.
> Or is it simply not yet implemented in SFP blades
> software?

An attempt to read DOM data from SFP in 6724 linecard
results in:

1/1 : Error reading DOM information

But I2C communication with the SFP works, since
non-cisco SFPs are well detected.

Whatever beeing the reason for it, the question is
when we can expect this to be fixed by new firmware or
new hardware revision.