[c-nsp] Serial T1/E1 Card

Shakeel Ahmad shakeelahmad at gmail.com
Tue Jan 9 01:30:48 EST 2007

Peter,

This is not a pure E1 as when we talk about E1/T1 channel - your CSU/DSU is
builtin on chipset of the WIC.

This is just a serial interface and speed limit can be applied by software
or by limiting clocking sometimes - oftenly telco's like BT manage clocking
at their end. Serial interface can happily get atmost 2Mbps but not more
than that - if you need more speed on serial - you need to get HSSI WIC
(High Speed Serial interface) interface is a bit different.

I do operate networks in London/Bristol and i have few circuits working on
pure digital unframmed E1 steams which involve CSU/DSU builtin on WIC.

My suggestion would be that you should enable "ip accounting output-packets"
on serial interface to view raw data but best option would be to enable
netflow and capture flow statistic to view whats and how is it going on.

Shakeel